Alaska Robotics

Aaron’s Birthday

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009 by Pat

Aaron Sleeping
Today is Aaron Suring’s 31st Birthday! Aaron is the smartest, fartiest, beardiest, most easy going, and sweetest guy I know. Aaron has recently been complaining that his memory isn’t as good as it once was so I thought it would be nice if all his friends could share some of their memories with him.

I’ve got quite a few and I don’t want to embarrass him too much but I hope he remembers the time he got trapped behind his bed.

His mattress was slightly off frame and when he jumped under the covers, the mattress flipped up and wedged him into the crack between the wall and the bed frame. His arms were pinned at his side and the bunk bed had a heavy dresser beneath it so he couldn’t budge. He had enough air and wasn’t too uncomfortable so when I came home I just heard muffled and mysterious snoring sounds coming from a seemingly empty room.

Tide Pooling

16 Responses to “Aaron’s Birthday”

1. Kerry says:

Aaron is an Orgasmic dancer. He will back worm your way into your heart and never leave…even with subtle hints.

2. Mike says:

The beer box safety helmet for ridding bikes was not so good. He is excellent in the kitchen and limited accidents happen there. Love Pops

3. Aaron says:

It was actually really comfortable wedged behind the bed like I was. The process of getting there, however was a little disorienting.

I’m not too good on picking up the subtle hints, sorry Kerry. Besides, hearts are almost as comfortable a place as flipped mattresses. I’m sure that’s where Blinky was heading when you pulled him out.

4. Jacob says:

One time I saw you at a party wearing sweat pants.

Also one time you helped me with a movie.

I’ve always admired the way that you are.

5. Phil says:

In a men’s league soccer game, Pat asked me to take a PK on Miles Byington … I think we were blowing the other team out of the water at that point so I think that’s why Pat wanted me to take the PK … anyways … I scored on the PK and I started to run with my arms in the air in celebration … then I stopped and started to do this jig … I think we called it the Filipino jig or something … anyways … I was doing the ridiculously looking dance … then Pat came by and started clapping his hands and tapping his foot in rhythm … and Aaron came by and pretended to have pistols and shoot bullets at my feet while saying, “DANCE BOY DANCE!” …. Good times …

We did another celebratory dance at volleyball this past spring … we call it “CRANK IT!” … I won’t explain what this dance is, but Aaron hopefully remembers this and if Cindy is reading this, hopefully she remembers it as well …

But what I appreciate most of all, is Aaron (and Pat) for being their for me at my mom’s funeral … he (and Pat) was one of the pallbearers …

Happy Birthday and thanks for everything! KA KAW!

6. Gage says:

Remember the time Aaron cheesegrated himself along the outer wood panelling of the cabin on our clothes-optional race to the ocean? Yeah, that was funny.

Happy birthday, Aaron!

7. Pat Race says:

That cheese grater incident happened right after the low tide barnacle body slam. That was the most wincing I’ve ever done.

8. Twitch says:

Remember that time I beat you at Robo Rally? Oh wait – that has NEVER happened.

Hats off to your uncanny and slightly frustrating board game skillz.

9. Eric says:

I remember trying to stay up for 72 hours straight at a time with Aaron, writing what I remember to be beautiful poetry about airplanes and meteors and wave diffusion equations. And then Aaron signing all his emails “Meritoriously” for the next few months. :).

Aaron is one of the nicest and comfortable people I know. You can not see him for years and very smoothly pick back up where you left off, and he’ll just invite you along to a giant family dinner. You rule Aaron!

10. Tina says:

I remember the watermelon drop event (case day weekend) at UAF when Aaron, Pat, and Tristan were some pretty awesome streakers…The bike cops weren’t so impressed. There is a pretty good picture of some white butts running up the hill towards the old Honor’s house running around somewhere.

11. Tina says:

I might have the picture if there is some way for it to be posted :)

12. Whitesnake says:

I remember for his twentysomethings birthday when we went camping and I made him a big ole fish dinner…he ate it like a champ, no complaints. I am sure he at one point told me that he didn’t like fish, but I guess I didn’t hear it…
    He is the sweetest!

13. Bob says:

Remember that time that arron was unbeatable at cards untill the clock struck midnight. that was crazy real shit. Hey Arron, remember that time that found you resting in the rain out 9 mile north douglas.

14. Aaron says:

Heh, these are great.

I’m not sure that the “crank it” dance is appropriate for a public forum, but that didn’t stop it from happening at bullwinkles or a middle school. Someday I’ll get Cindy some tassels and we can do it right…

No comment on the beach cheese-grater, other than I think I remember weeping wounds all over my body for days after that.

Sorry, Twitch will never beat Twonky. Maybe Hulk X90 or Zoombot, but not Twitch.

I think I’ll have to go back to signing my e-mails meritoriously, either that or beardly. My two greatest accomplishments in life.

I think I still had hair during that watermelon drop event. My long blonde locks (among other things) flowing in the breeze… What a pity you don’t have a place to post it, Tina…

It’s not that I don’t like fish, just Salmon. Also, it’s not like I really had a choice, we were in the middle of nowhere. That said, the wasabe actually made it kinda good.

Thanks for the ride back that day Bob. I was enjoying my walk, but it would have taken me forever to get back home like that.

I love all you guys. Thanks for the stories, I had totally forgotten a good number of them. Pat mocks my lack of memory, but it’s kind of tragic losing great memories like these, and I’m really glad to have them back. My last couple birthdays have been absolutely fantastic because of all my friends. Truly, thank you.

15. Lou says:

How about the Great Main Street Bicycle Wreck of Ought-Six? I wasn’t there, but I heard you became a biking version of the Flash by drinking a strange yellow liquid from a can with a large, red “R”.

Afterwards Flash Aaron was next seen escaping the ER in a daring plan to avoid the vile and gargantuan villain known as Hospital Bill.

16. Sarah says:

one of my favorite places to find Aaron is at 3 in the morning at the office, assuming that he’s all alone, with Ace of Base fully cranked.