Alaska Robotics

Back to Work

Tuesday, January 20th 2009 by Pat

I’ve been time warped again. The holidays ate up a week and a half, a week was downed by the Conference of Young Alaskans, and then I caught my ass-kicking cold and sniffled away one more week. Now here I am in the future. Rudderless.

To get myself back on track I’ve decided I need to rebuild my schedule and this time around I’m using fictional college courses as a template. Here’s my 18 credit course load.. I think I’ll try it out through February and see if it works for me.

Olin Robot 101
3 credits
Students will work to craft a series of animated robo-shorts.

AK Robotics 201: Short Films
3 credits
Students will create short films – animated, sketch comedy, and documentary.

AK Robotics 202: Comics
3 credits
Students will create a weekly comic,

Screenwriting 101: Write a Damn Script
3 credits
Students will work on developing feature and short form screenplays.

Lost Ocean 101: Script and Characters
3 credits
Students will create character sketches and learn to develop a story outline into a solid foundation for a graphic novel.

Small Business 201: Business Management & Website Maintenance
3 Credits
Students will complete small business paperwork and develop improved systems for business management. Students will identify problems and make improvements to the LRCD online store and Alaska Robotics website.

6 Responses to “Back to Work”

1. Mike says:

PE is good. The teacher student ratio seems very good. I assume no grades will be awarded under the new system as change is good. When asked seniors said “Depends” to the question of change. Change was a good thing to all. Scheduled change can be of comfort in work and business systems. Waiting for change is uncomfortable. Love Pops!

2. Slaal says:

I’d like to enroll. Where’s the administrative offices? Or do I need instructor’s permission?

And PE is also generally a 1 credit course. So that’s a pretty good class load. No labs?

3. Pat Race says:

Feel free to enroll, maybe we can have a class together.

4. Dawson says:

I thought this was an actual class schedule when I first looked at this and I was so pumped. Of course, at a closer glance, my dreams were crushed.
    But I have faced a unfortunate habit of just fiddiling around on my new tablet pc, instead of doing all the awesome things you can do on a new tablet pc. So maybe something like this course thing would help. Of course I have actual courses, which takes all the fun out of it.
    But, I have to comment on the awesomeness of the classes offered in your schedule.

5. Libby says:

I like the way you think. Just don’t do this “semester” the way a lot of students do, with that optional attendance policy…

6. Gage says:

Can I copy your homework for Olin 101? I have my hands full with Rock Music 325, Video 101 and Working for the Man 401, 402 and 424a.. plus that intensive month-long FAWM 103 (which I hopefully don’t have to drop.) Doesn’t look I’ll make the Dean’s list this semeseter.